Summer is right around the corner, and sometimes you're already planning your vacation. If you're like most pet parents, it's probably difficult to imagine going on vacation without your pet. So do not even consider that thought for a moment. With so many pet friendly accommodations, it's easy to plan a trip that includes your pet. After all, your pet is part of the family and describes a vacation, too.
Whether you're planning a relaxing getaway at the beach or an adventurous trip to the mountains, North Carolina offers a vast array of experiences for you and your furry companion. Not only do many pet friendly accommodations provide all of the amenities that you expect when you're away from home, but they also offer special amenities for your pet. Although North Carolina has many pet friendly lodging options, the following are just a small sampling of this beautiful state's pet friendly accommodations.
- Barkwells Vacation Retreat – Located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Mills River, Barkwells features seven pet friendly luxury rental cabins on more than eight acres of fenced meadows. You and your dog can play in the meadows or simply relax on the porch, which overlooks a pond. Do not worry: Your dog is welcome to splash around in the pond, swimming and playing to his heart's content. Each cabin has a gated porch, dog door and fenced yard, so your dog can play or nap in a safe environment if you're away for the day.
- Brindley Beach Vacations – Conveniently located in Corolla on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, Brindley Beach offers more than 130 pet friendly vacation homes that welcome dogs. Play on the beach with your dog and watch as he frolics in the sand and surf, swims in the ocean or chases crabs. After a day at the beach, unwind with a relaxing walk on one of the nearby biking / jogging trails that are ideal for dog walking.
- Fire Mountain Inn – This isolated mountainaint retreat, located a few miles outside of Highlands, features luxury pet friendly cabins with magnificent views. You and your dog can run and play on more than 50 acres of open pastures and meadows. If you're feeling more adventurous, explore the hiking trails, located on top of Fire Mountain at an elevation of more than 4,000 feet.
- Hidden Creek Cabins – These pet friendly cabin rentals, located in the Great Smoky Mountains in Bryson City, offer fantastic experiences for you and your pet. It's no secret that dogs love taking walks, so put on your walking shoes and explore the hiking and walking trails designed as pet friendly. Or visit Island Park, located in the heart of downtown, and enjoy a picnic. Hidden Creek Cabins also welcomes cats.
- William & Garland Motel – This small, family-owned, pet friendly motel on the Salter Path Dunes Natural Area in Salter Path is located in the middle of Bogue Banks on North Carolina's Crystal Coast. Enjoy a leisurely day on the beach, playing with your four-legged friend, or take a walk at one of the motel's pet-designated areas. The motel also welcomes cats.
- Duke Tower Hotel & Condominiums – Located in Durham, this pet friendly hotel is minutes from Duke University. Enjoy the sights in this beautiful area, and after a day of fun-filled activities, take your dog for a walk across the street from the hotel on the American Tobacco Trail. You can also explore the walking trail on Duke University's East Campus, which allows dogs. Cats are also welcome at the hotel.
Planning a vacation with your pet requires some preparation, so do your homework to make sure that the pet friendly property where you want to stay is a good fit for you and your pet. To learn more about these and other pet friendly hotels & accommodations in North Carolina, visit TripsWithPets.com . Doing a little research will ensure that you and your pet have a fun and safe vacation, and you'll create memories that you'll cherish for a lifetime.